• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Spa in question/possible theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

davesday

Jurisdiction - Illinois

April 14th 2011 my wife went to this 'legit' health spa for massage/manicure/pedicure etc etc. May 10th 2011 she asked me if i had also gone there because we were charged $25 (an entrance fee)to our account. I had NOT and never have been there!! Here is the kicker- when she went in April she used a credit card. The $25 in May was charged to our BANK ACCOUNT debit card. This is very disturbing to say the least. We did contact the bank and had the charge reversed. I have called the Spa 4 times now for answers. Each time they have said they would call me back. Which they HAVEN'T. I called today and told them that if we do not get to the bottom of this aSAP that i would take legal steps. The last call i made to them i said it would be the LAST time id call. If the manager didnt get back to me TODAY i would go to the police.
-UPDATE-
I finally got a call from the manager of the s establishment the next day. Manager 'John' seemed to be very rude and defensive. That of course doesn't prove guilt or innocence but disturbing none the less. He stated that he has no record of any transactions involving our bank debit card for the month of May. MY bank records DISAGREE. May 10th we were charged for services / May 12th we had it reversed. I was reading online reviews of this place afterward. Apparently there was someone whom had recently claimed jewelry was stolen from their issued (and LOCKED) locker. What exactly do i do in this situation?? What are my rights in handling this matter? I am going to the bank to cancel the debit cards but i want to press charges if it is possible.

Isis1

Jurisdiction - Illinois

April 14th 2011 my wife went to this 'legit' health spa for massage/manicure/pedicure etc etc. May 10th 2011 she asked me if i had also gone there because we were charged $25 (an entrance fee)to our account. I had NOT and never have been there!! Here is the kicker- when she went in April she used a credit card. The $25 in May was charged to our BANK ACCOUNT debit card. This is very disturbing to say the least. We did contact the bank and had the charge reversed. I have called the Spa 4 times now for answers. Each time they have said they would call me back. Which they HAVEN'T. I called today and told them that if we do not get to the bottom of this aSAP that i would take legal steps. The last call i made to them i said it would be the LAST time id call. If the manager didnt get back to me TODAY i would go to the police.
-UPDATE-
I finally got a call from the manager of the s establishment the next day. Manager 'John' seemed to be very rude and defensive. That of course doesn't prove guilt or innocence but disturbing none the less. He stated that he has no record of any transactions involving our bank debit card for the month of May. MY bank records DISAGREE. May 10th we were charged for services / May 12th we had it reversed. I was reading online reviews of this place afterward. Apparently there was someone whom had recently claimed jewelry was stolen from their issued (and LOCKED) locker. What exactly do i do in this situation?? What are my rights in handling this matter? I am going to the bank to cancel the debit cards but i want to press charges if it is possible.
they have no records of charges. you were made whole by your bank. there are no charges for you to press. it would be up to the bank to determine if it was a simple error or if it was a crime. if it was a crime, it would be up to the bank to handle since they are the ones insured.

swalsh411

Talk about over-reacting. It could be a simple billing mistake, and you got your money back. No wonder the manager was defensive with you. I see no grounds here for any further civil or criminal action. I also don't think you need to cancel your card unless there is some evidence it was compromised.

davesday

a simple billing mistake??

excuse me,, ill say again.the first and ONLY visit made by my wife in April was paid with our CREDIT CARD NOT our DEBIT CARD (which was charged in May) . How in the world could it be a 'simple billing mistake' when they were not given that information in April ?? The phone conversation i had with the manager started badly from the very beginning. He claimed to have called our phone and left a message the day before today.That seemed to be more important for him to discuss than anything else. I have no record of any calls nor was there a message made by him. I practiced much patience until the very end of our talk. Yes the carges were reversed BUT there was some type of monkey business going on.

Isis1

excuse me,, ill say again.the first and ONLY visit made by my wife in April was paid with our CREDIT CARD NOT our DEBIT CARD (which was charged in May) . How in the world could it be a 'simple billing mistake' when they were not given that information in April ?? The phone conversation i had with the manager started badly from the very beginning. He claimed to have called our phone and left a message the day before today.That seemed to be more important for him to discuss than anything else. I have no record of any calls nor was there a message made by him. I practiced much patience until the very end of our talk. Yes the carges were reversed BUT there was some type of monkey business going on.
that would be for the bank to find out. you were made whole.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">