• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Only hope for change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

only.justice

We just lost our son 2 weeks ago and we get in a fight ending where i call the cops. I retracted my statement and we went to court and I spoke on his behalf. The court let him out of jail and he served no time thank god. The phone call to the cops was only out of hurtful emotional stress since we have been grieving over our son I have been somewhat angry. Therefore leading up to this point. Anyways what do we do if he is on diversion? we have a pre trial the 21st for his dui 6 months ago which he has been clean 6 months and been paying his fines and going to all his meetings for. If he does this DUI charged previously and gets kicked out of diversion her serves minimum 1-5 years in prison. I know for a fact i couldn't handle the loss of my child but then 2 weeks later losing him. I cannot bear such tragedy. Is their any hope? He has references from our pastor who owns grace lodge which is a place for addicts to restore their life. Also great comments from his addiction counselor saying he seems to have been doing amazing and has come a long way. We live in washington state.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
You're not explaining your story in a way that we can understand. You say you lost your son, then it sounds like he was let out of jail after you had him arrested - or something like that. Why don't you start over again with a complete story and explain who you are referring to and what exactly happened.

cyjeff

Dad got DUI. Is on probation and keeping up with it.

Child died two weeks ago.

Mom decides to call the police on Dad after fight.

Mom recants testimony. Dad is still convicted but without jail time.

Mom NOW realized that false police report also may have violated hubby's probation on the DUI as well and that Dad is probably going to prison.

OP... your hubby wasn't convicted because of the call but, instead, because of his actions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">