• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud and misrepresentation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aluna1970

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Illinois, I bought a used car from a dealer who posted on Craig's list "by owner" in March 2011. The car tested good and looked good as stated on listing. Next day found out car needed a new transmission and brakes. A $2000.00 repair cost. Dealer states he had no knowledge and had me take car to his mechanic for confirmation. After his mechanic confirmed a bad transmission, dealer verbally agreed to swtich car for an equivalent one. The dealer and I have been texting, calling by phone, and emailing since then. He keeps showing me cars that are nowhere near the value in model, year and mileage. I feel he is just dragging this out. Can I sue him, have him pay for repairs or get my money back? Contract signed was "As is" and I have not even signed the title yet because he still has it. I also had to pay additonal fees and taxes because sale was from dealer not private owner as he stated on Craig's List.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">