• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced Placed Insurance fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

loanvictim

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My account was charged forced placed insurance without telling me, and while I have required insurance coverage. By the time I found out I was already charged interest and a late fees because my payment did not cover the additional FPI payment. (My payment went up over over$120/mo without my knowledge). Anyway, I made my regular payment plus a little extra for principal, and I fought to get refund. It took the bank, 2 partial refund and 9 months to refund my account. However, the interest and other fees that resulted from the FPI, was not credited back to my account. At one time, I was charged late fees 4 times in a month, and 5 other late fees that the bank
charged my account. I made numerous attempt to have my account be credited back those unwarrranted charges, to no avail. so I returned the vehicle while my payment were up to date, I feel the bank breach our agreement. The bank accepted the vehicle, and sold it, but later sued me for the difference. My original agreement with them was $16,800 and I paid almost $12,000 in a little over 1 and a half year, the bank sold the car for $4,000., then sued me for over $9,000 (including lawyers fees). I lost the case because, I did not attached an affidavit when I filed my answer to the complaint, even with evidence. I lost by default, I appeal the summary judgement, but I still lost. The collection officers affidavit were also not true, stating that my account were paid in full. She did not mentioned that it took 9 months for them to refund my account with the FPI amount, but did not refund me for the interest and other unwarranted late fees fees that I was charged. Can I appeal the affirmed summary judgement, and what should I do ? I do not want to pay this bank the money I did not owe, and how can I properly present my case. I hope someone can advice me ASAP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">