• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

$2500 Stonlen from us???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spanky720

Hello, we paid a business called Ultimate Iron works in Mandfield Teaxs via check 2500.00 to build a steel front door for us. we were given a time frame of 4 weeks. this time has come and gone with no door and projected date it will be ready. we have only been able to get a hold of The owner / sales person twice and were told once the door was on track to be ready as scheduled, and the second time that it was ready and out for paint. We have not heard from him since, he is not answering or retuning our phone calls. it has now been 8 weeks. We paid via check and have an invoice he gave us at the time of purchase. Is there any legal recourse for us? can we get our door, or our money back? Texas (only U.S. law)?

spanky720

Thanks for the info. I was looking into that, If I take hime to small claims court and am awarewd my money back, is it legaly binding? I mena can they force hime to pay it back. or is it just a waist of time?

Thanks for the info. I was looking into that, If I take hime to small claims court and am awarewd my money back, is it legaly binding? I mena can they force hime to pay it back. or is it just a waist of time?
Yes it would be binding (collecting is another issue) ; the court can do whatever it sees is needed to make the injured party whole in your case -- could be to cancel the deal and order him to pay you back your money.

spanky720

Ok, Thanks for the tip...It's worth a shot..It just astounds me that people can do that and get away with it..

BL

If this is a pattern the Office Of Attorney general may get involved .

Call and file a complaint .Ask if they have complaints and if so enough to get involved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">