• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transmission Warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vbow

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

I live in Tennessee. I purchased a transmission from an ebay seller in Tampa Fla with a 3 year 100000 mile warranty for parts and labor in march or 2010. The transmission failed and the seller located a shop near my home. I took the transmission to the shop and they removed the transmission ad sent it back to the seller. The seller repaired the transmission and returned it to the shop. The shop installed the transmission. I had to pay the shop for the labor and materials in order to get my truck back. The seller will not reimburse me now. I have several emails from the seller stating they are working on it but now they will not answer my calls. Is there anything I can do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

I live in Tennessee. I purchased a transmission from an ebay seller in Tampa Fla with a 3 year 100000 mile warranty for parts and labor in march or 2010. The transmission failed and the seller located a shop near my home. I took the transmission to the shop and they removed the transmission ad sent it back to the seller. The seller repaired the transmission and returned it to the shop. The shop installed the transmission. I had to pay the shop for the labor and materials in order to get my truck back. The seller will not reimburse me now. I have several emails from the seller stating they are working on it but now they will not answer my calls. Is there anything I can do?
Head on over to FL and sue the bad guys in small claims court.

justalayman

The transmission failed and the seller located a shop near my home.
what do you mean: the seller located a shop near your home? Why would the seller need to locate a shop near your home? Was there some deal between the shop and the seller? Why couldn't you take it to the same shop that originally installed it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">