• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condition of bail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JamesRKaul

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan.

So as a condition of my bail I am set to PBT and drug screen twice a week on a non alcohol or drug related charge. I have never been arrested for drugs or alcohol and have never tested positive. I am wondering why as a condition of my bail that I have to do it?
It already cost me my job and I can't afford to do this until my sentencing, which they moved back to June 17th for some reason, even though I already admitted guilty.

edit*
I forgot to add that I have a clean background and that what I was arrested for was a misdemeanor false pretenses under $200 charge.

Last edited:

justalayman

. I have never been arrested for drugs or alcohol and have never tested positive.
I suspect the judge has some reason to believe you are involved in drugs or alcohol and that has caused you to be where you are today.

of course you could have refused to accept the terms and set in jail until your sentencing.

How did the tests cause you to lose your job?

JamesRKaul

I was only on the job two days and the only shift that was available was first shift (6a-2p) and I was not able to do the random screening between 8a and 9a because I didn't know what day I would be screened.

Thank you for replying, that clears things up. I figured it was just because I have holes in my ears.

sandyclaus

I suggest you find a way to get to your drug screening appointments or you will find yourself back in jail on a bail violation awaiting sentencing.

You are going to need to disclose this to any prospective employers as well so that you can work this into your schedule. Or find night work while this condition of bail is in place, so that it doesn't conflict.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">