• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RepHunter.com Guarantee Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Amikhail

We are in Arizona, RepHunter is based in Minessota

So our business purchased a years subscription to RepHunter. Part of the deal is that we are guaranteed at least 30 connections a month. It's been two months and we haven't had any at all. When we look reps, the database for our specific type of business has about 5 available contacts. We want to cancel the subscription because they are not living up to their guarantee. Although it says that there will be no refunds for the yearly subscription, but this is obviously illegal since they cannot fulfill their guarantee.

Also, If we were to purchase it month by month, you can get a refund before the month you paid for has started.

We want to continue doing business with them, so we want to write them an official letter for a refund, but we don't want to discuss anything with them. We want to point to a specific consumer rights law that they are violating.

Please to share your advice, we'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

Last edited:

Hot Topic

We are in Arizona, RepHunter is based in Minessota

So our business purchased a years subscription to RepHunter. Part of the deal is that we are guaranteed at least 30 connections a month. It's been two months and we haven't had any at all. When we look reps, the database for our specific type of business has about 5 available contacts. We want to cancel the subscription because they are not living up to their guarantee. Although it says that there will be no refunds for the yearly subscription, but this is obviously illegal since they cannot fulfill their guarantee.

Also, If we were to purchase it month by month, you can get a refund before the month you paid for has started.

We want to continue doing business with them, so we want to write them an official letter for a refund, but we don't want to discuss anything with them. We want to point to a specific consumer rights law that they are violating.

Please to share your advice, we'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

"We want to continue doing business with them so we want to write them an official letter for a refund, but we don't want to discuss anything with them," however, you're going to point out a law they allegedly violated, makes no sense.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What you are purchasing is the right to contact a certain number. So, if you pay x amount of dollars, then you have the right to contact x number of reps in your industry. Is that correct?

Assuming that is correct, it looks to me like the don't guarantee the quantity of reps they have, just the fact that they have them.

Amikhail

Thanks for the replies,

First, What I meant to say is that we don't to argue about any interpretations of their guarantee, to us its obviously a fraud if someone guarantees 30 reps and doesn't even have 30 reps available. We want to find out which exact law they are violating in this situation so we can put that into an official letter that we're writing to them.

Basically, we want to know how which law specifically the seller is violating when a consumer buys a guaranteed service and does not get it.

Thanks again

Zigner

Thanks for the replies,

First, What I meant to say is that we don't to argue about any interpretations of their guarantee, to us its obviously a fraud if someone guarantees 30 reps and doesn't even have 30 reps available. We want to find out which exact law they are violating in this situation so we can put that into an official letter that we're writing to them.

Basically, we want to know how which law specifically the seller is violating when a consumer buys a guaranteed service and does not get it.

Thanks again
I think the legal phrase you are grasping for is Caveat Emptor, as the "guarantee" you speak of doesn't seem to say what you think/want/hope it says.

Amikhail

I think the legal phrase you are grasping for is Caveat Emptor, as the "guarantee" you speak of doesn't seem to say what you think/want/hope it says.
Thank you for that, although I'm not too familiar with these types of laws, I think what we're looking for is in Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code, which basically says that the product has to meet its description that is in the contract.

Please let me know if we're misunderstanding something.

also, we want to continue doing business w/ rephunter because this is the only instance that we've had problems with, otherwise their service has been pretty good for the last 2 years that we've been with them.

Zigner

Thank you for that, although I'm not too familiar with these types of laws, I think what we're looking for is in Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code, which basically says that the product has to meet its description that is in the contract.

Please let me know if we're misunderstanding something.

also, we want to continue doing business w/ rephunter because this is the only instance that we've had problems with, otherwise their service has been pretty good for the last 2 years that we've been with them.
You bought the right to contact 30 potential reps. What do you feel they haven't provided? I REALLY think you misunderstood what you were buying...and that's not their fault.

Amikhail

You bought the right to contact 30 potential reps. What do you feel they haven't provided? I REALLY think you misunderstood what you were buying...and that's not their fault.
We bought a membership that also guarantees at least 30 potential reps.

Amikhail

We just thought of another thing: we paid for a service and did not get it. We are entitled to a refund since the services we paid for were rendered.

Thanks

Zigner

We just thought of another thing: we paid for a service and did not get it. We are entitled to a refund since the services we paid for were rendered.

Thanks
Actually, you agreed to the no-refund clause.

Keep trying - you'll find that you're screwed (and not by them - you did this to yourself)

Zigner

We bought a membership that also guarantees at least 30 potential reps.
No, you bought a service that allowed you to contact 30 reps. I see nothing guaranteeing any particular number of reps in your specific field...

Amikhail

my mistake, we paid for services that were NOT rendered. I'm not sure why you're telling me I screwed myself, but its pretty obvious that if they guarantee 30 reps and do not provide them after I paid for them, I should be entitled to a refund.

Zigner

my mistake, we paid for services that were NOT rendered. I'm not sure why you're telling me I screwed myself, but its pretty obvious that if they guarantee 30 reps and do not provide them after I paid for them, I should be entitled to a refund.
I'll try one more time.

You bought 30 tickets. Each ticket affords you the opportunity to contact 1 rep.

Separately, you were told that they had reps in your field. You were NOT given a quantity.

You screwed yourself because you got what you paid for...you just didn't research it well enough BEFORE paying.

Caveat Emptor.

las365

If you want to continue to do business with this company, sending a letter containing accusations of law-breaking is a poor tactic.

Why not just contact them, say that in the past you have been satisfied but this time you don't feel the service lived up to your expectations based on what you understood to be the representations that were made, and ask for a credit on your next purchase?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">