• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defective concrete work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PeteH

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My problem is this. Last June I had a company pour a new approach and porch cap. The approach has been pitted for months and they were informed. Also the mortar around the porch step has been falling apart. Neither have been salted. I have neighbors on both sides of my house that have have this work done years before me with no visible problem (by different companies of course). I recently got a letter from the company stating that they were not responsible for the problems but that they would reset the porch step when time and weather permitted. I have talked to other pros in the business, and they agree it's unacceptable. Before I contact the company again, I wonder what kind of legal recourse I have. I have a vague contract, the company has been in business for around 30 years, and I can't find any reviews on them.They have a A+ rating w/ BBB(which really means nothing) and they are on Angies list.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Sincerely,
Pete

justalayman

a lot is going to depend on what is in your contract and what is actually happening. Do you have any sort of warranty? written?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">