• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are the charges for illegal possession of three consertas as a minor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

idkwhattodo

I am 17 and i live in indiana, I got pulled over the other day driving my grandmas car for speeding and the officer searched my grandmas car ( i willingly let him because i had nothing to hide) and he found three consertas in a plastic bag under the driver seat. I honestly do not do that kind of stuff and never have, i have no criminal record at all. I had no idea what the pills even were or where they came from, like i said i dont do that kind of stuff.

Im pretty sure the officer knew i truley had no idea what they were and where they came from because he let me ride home in the front seat of the sherriff car with no cuffs on. But he told me that even if there not mine it still looks really bad because they in packaging that looked like they were to sell and under my seat.

He told me that the charge for the pills was a D felony, and now im freaking out because im supposed to go to boot camp for the marines next summer and my recruiter said if its a felony, hed be wasting his time even talking to me.

my friend said if i get a lawyer and explain to the prosecuter that im a good citizen and that im in school, have a job, and joining the military and ive never been in any kind of trouble like this before that maybe i can get it dropped to a misdemeanor.

what should i do and what are the possible outcomes?? also how will it effect me enlisting in the marines??

Last edited:

Isis1

What was your exact charge? Was your grandmother able to explain what the contents of the baggies?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">