• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

friend said he may have left a small bit of pot in hotel after we checked out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seeinwhatsup

I'm in Florida and I was staying at a holiday inn,and after we checked out my friend said he may have left a small bit of marijuana (under 4 grams) in a rolled up tissue paper in the room. Since the room was in my name i was wondering what legal actions could be taken against me if any. There was 3 people staying in the room. I live in a different county then the hotel by the way. About 40 miles from the hotel.No police were involved and I don't even know if the cleaning lady even found or reported it.

LdiJ

I'm in Florida and I was staying at a holiday inn,and after we checked out my friend said he may have left a small bit of marijuana (under 4 grams) in a rolled up tissue paper in the room. Since the room was in my name i was wondering what legal actions could be taken against me if any. There was 3 people staying in the room. I live in a different county then the hotel by the way. About 40 miles from the hotel.No police were involved and I don't even know if the cleaning lady even found or reported it.
Most likely it just got tossed.

Handcoc

Or you will get a visit from the police ... I would not answer the door or speak to them if I were u

If they have enough evidence to arrest you they will .. talking to them will only make it so that they can arrest you.

If they say they only want to talk to you, tell them you are to busy and to go away.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I worked in a hotel for 8 years. The chances that anyone in housekeeping even noticed it are slim; the chances that the hotel called the police are slimmer.

xylene

No tiene una visa apropiada, así que debo ser diligente estupendo sobre la información de una cantidad minúscula de ganja.

No, that isn't what the nice housekeeper said.

FlyingRon

I once had a friend who left his stash in the hotel ice bucket.
We joked that the next guest would call the front desk after a day and say that his ice bucket needed to be restocked.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">