• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

alleged theft of medication

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lfadviceplz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio

Ok so here is what happene, a friend and I went to a girls house to buy some roxycontin 15 mg pills. we paid 8 dollars apiece for 46 of them.

well after we did the deal we get a call from a very pissed off drug dealer who thought she hadd given us 10 extra pills on accident. she demanded we bring them back or she was gonna call the cops and say we robbed her but we just said **** it and quit answering our phones.

well 3 weeks later we realize we both have warrants for our arrest and we heard the girl had reported that we had robbed her of her whole perscription.

we are wanted for questioning right now and we dont know what to do. We think that the girl has some people lying for her to help the cops think we really took them.

can they really convict us of this based on nothing but here-say? when really we bought the pills and never stole anything. she is just trying to get a whole new script.

when questioned buy the cops is it a bad idea to admit to them that we buy pills off the girl every month?

please we need advice soon. if you have any questions about what happened just ask.

justalayman

when questioned buy the cops is it a bad idea to admit to them that we buy pills off the girl every month?
it is really a good idea to hire a lawyer before you say anything to the police. If arrested or questioned, do not say anything without benefit of a lawyer.

lfadviceplz

i have no way of getting an attorney. the cops have left cards in our doors to call them. im scared to death cuz i know i wont be able to have an attorney because i am poor

justalayman

then just wait until you are arrested. Once arrested, plead not guilty and ask for a public defender to be appointed.

but still, do not attend an investigative interrogation with the police. You cannot talk your way out of being arrested but you can give them enough information to convict you.

lfadviceplz

ok one question tho. can i get in trouble for telling the cop that we buy pills from her every month?

is it illegal to admit to buying drugs from someone?

justalayman

it is illegal to buy prescription drugs from somebody. It is illegal to sell prescription drugs (unless you are a pharmacy).

admitting you broke the law in order to get the other person in trouble is not a smart move.

las365

ok one question tho. can i get in trouble for telling the cop that we buy pills from her every month?

is it illegal to admit to buying drugs from someone?
Well that's two questions. Yes, you can get in trouble if you tell the police that. No, it isn't illegal to admit it, but it sure would be stupid.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio

Ok so here is what happene, a friend and I went to a girls house to buy some roxycontin 15 mg pills. we paid 8 dollars apiece for 46 of them.

well after we did the deal we get a call from a very pissed off drug dealer who thought she hadd given us 10 extra pills on accident. she demanded we bring them back or she was gonna call the cops and say we robbed her but we just said **** it and quit answering our phones.

well 3 weeks later we realize we both have warrants for our arrest and we heard the girl had reported that we had robbed her of her whole perscription.

we are wanted for questioning right now and we dont know what to do. We think that the girl has some people lying for her to help the cops think we really took them.

can they really convict us of this based on nothing but here-say? when really we bought the pills and never stole anything. she is just trying to get a whole new script.

please we need advice soon. if you have any questions about what happened just ask.
A bad idea to admit you buy them? That is a FELONY. But then again so is stealing the pills. Either way you are commiting a crime. You have a warrant. Apparently you have, or will be, indicted on a felony. You need an attorney.

las365

lol, it could be the wine, or it could be the mind-boggling effect of OP's idea that it might be a good defense that he didn't steal the drugs, he bought them!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">