• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rental car liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tjgmvca

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Recently, while on vacation in HI, I rented a car. I drove from the rental location to my hotel where I parked it in the parking garage over night. When I pulled it out the next afternoon, the tire had gone completely flat. When AAA came out and changed the tire, I had him check it for nails or screws or any other visible damage, and there was none. I took the car back to the rental agency and exchanged the car for a different one. The company is now trying charge me for the cost of the new tire. My question is, are they allowed to do that?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Recently, while on vacation in HI, I rented a car. I drove from the rental location to my hotel where I parked it in the parking garage over night. When I pulled it out the next afternoon, the tire had gone completely flat. When AAA came out and changed the tire, I had him check it for nails or screws or any other visible damage, and there was none. I took the car back to the rental agency and exchanged the car for a different one. The company is now trying charge me for the cost of the new tire. My question is, are they allowed to do that?
What does your rental agreement state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">