• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

certainj

I recently started a small coffee roasting business in New Mexico. I bought the coffee roaster through a company in Montana two months ago, I paid close to 7,000.00 for it. I was expecting a professional machine, but instead got a garage made, totally rudimentary machine. When I started roasting, the cables used for the heat resistance burnt because they were not meant for heat. Then the drum started releasing particles of aluminum into the coffee because the drum sits on ball bearings that help them rotate that are made of a material that is too hard for the aluminum. Then the motor goes out because it is a pound torque motor and the drum alone is ten pounds so any coffee I add puts it way above the limitations. When I first contacted the guy he said that I would need to send him the parts (pretty much the entire machine) but I informed him that we needed to keep our production and fullfill our orders. We;ve had to replace every piece in the machine and its only two months old. Now he says he will not replace the machine because this is our fault because the drum was not set up correctly (even though this came completely assembled) and has nothing to do with our issues. This company will not talk to us any more and with the motor out there is nothing we can do with this machine. I need some advice, I can't ,afford another machine and lose 7,000 dollars to someone who practically stole from us. HELP

And if you really didn't modify the roaster, you can always take the company to court to enforce your rights. If everything you're saying is accurate though the company sounds somewhat shady to begin with. Consult a few lawyers in your area and go from there.

certainj

THANK YOU! yes, everything I stated is just like happened. We've also kept all the parts that disintegrated (burnt cables, peelings from drum, so on).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">