• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Called for an ambulance, later charged with possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I called 911 for an ambulance as i was having a hard time breathing
from some partying i had been doing.
and before the paramedics got there, police showed up and i was on the floor
havign a hard time breathing. Finally, the paramedics get there and take me away. My mom later tells me the cops asked her if they could search my room, and she said yea whatever without even thinking as who is in the right frame of mind to give consent when they are worried about their sons life?
Anyways, i guess while i was on the way to the hospital, the cops found drugs in the house and my mom said they went through drawers, which i thought they were just to look for things in plain sight, but now weeks later , i get a summons to appear on possession of drug charges.
so
why were police there in the first place when i called for an ambulance?
even if they are allowed to be there, why would they ask to search the house
when my life was on the line and i didnt give consent and my mom wasnt in no frame of mind to give consent when shes worried about my life.
lastly, my mom would testify she saw them look in drawers so thats more than whats in plain sight.
lastly, i wasnt even there when they found the drugs so i dont get how they charge me with possession as they didnt find anything on me.
i think these charges shoudl get thrown out and i hope i get good advice here.
even the cops were like , that was a good thign u did calling for help, so that u woudl stop partying and then they stab me in the back with these charges.
it seems awefully slimy to charge someone who calls for help.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I called 911 for an ambulance as i was having a hard time breathing
from some partying i had been doing.
and before the paramedics got there, police showed up and i was on the floor
havign a hard time breathing. Finally, the paramedics get there and take me away. My mom later tells me the cops asked her if they could search my room, and she said yea whatever without even thinking as who is in the right frame of mind to give consent when they are worried about their sons life?
Anyways, i guess while i was on the way to the hospital, the cops found drugs in the house and my mom said they went through drawers, which i thought they were just to look for things in plain sight, but now weeks later , i get a summons to appear on possession of drug charges.
so
why were police there in the first place when i called for an ambulance?

Because they are also first responders. It's usually a toss-up in many areas who gets there first - paramedics, fire or police.

even if they are allowed to be there, why would they ask to search the house
when my life was on the line and i didnt give consent and my mom wasnt in no frame of mind to give consent when shes worried about my life.
lastly, my mom would testify she saw them look in drawers so thats more than whats in plain sight.
lastly, i wasnt even there when they found the drugs so i dont get how they charge me with possession as they didnt find anything on me.
i think these charges shoudl get thrown out and i hope i get good advice here.
even the cops were like , that was a good thign u did calling for help, so that u woudl stop partying and then they stab me in the back with these charges.
it seems awefully slimy to charge someone who calls for help.

Did you have another legal question? You were found to be in possession of drugs - you didn't actually have to have them on your person.

(And yes folks - post hx is a must here :cool: )

proserpina ignored my illegal search point etc

u totally didnt answer my valid points. i was in no shape to give consent to search and my mother surely wasnt as she thought i was dying, hardly breathing. what jury woudld say , sure officers, ask someone's mother if its ok to search their home when their crying about their sick son going on a stretcher.
I called for help, it makes no sense to do this to me, totally slimy and unfair.
i woudl bet it woudl get reversed on appeal even if it did standup in trial.
its outrageous.

Proserpina

u totally didnt answer my valid points. i was in no shape to give consent to search and my mother surely wasnt as she thought i was dying, hardly breathing. what jury woudld say , sure officers, ask someone's mother if its ok to search their home when their crying about their sick son going on a stretcher.
I called for help, it makes no sense to do this to me, totally slimy and unfair.
its outrageous.

What was your diagnosis?

There is a reason I'm asking.

(And trust me - the jury is going to laugh at what you just said)

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
its outrageous.
I doubt it. :cool:

Your mother consented to a search (regardless of anything else, since that doesn't matter). Since they found drugs in HER house, then she could either be evicted (if it's a rental) or lose the property to the city (if she owns it). Way to go, Sparky. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

justalayman

You're 39 years old and living with your mother. Since it is her house, she can permit a search of anything in her house. When they asked if they could search, and is given permission, it is not restricted to in plain sight items.

and no, it isn't getting tossed or reversed on appeal.

If you didn't live with mom, you could control your own residence.

how is possession mine

i dont think they can really pin the possession on me , when i wasnt even there
and it was found in a house that i dont own.
so what ur saying is people on drugs shoudlnt call when they need help, for fear of getting prosecuted??
ITS OUTRAGEOUS AND U KNOW IT!!

Proserpina

so what ur saying is people on drugs shoudlnt call when they need help, for fear of getting prosecuted??

Did you have another legal question or are you just going to type in caps for the rest of the evening?

You didn't answer my question, btw. Why is that?

diagnosis?

there really wasnt a diagnosis. i just had a hard time breathing. they gave me oxygen and something else that helps u breathe better and took chest xrays.
this is pretty irrelevant so why u ask?

Proserpina

there really wasnt a diagnosis. i just had a hard time breathing. they gave me oxygen and something else that helps u breathe better and took chest xrays.
this is pretty irrelevant so why u ask?

Actually, it's perfectly relevant.

You were not dying, obviously. Hence you're embellishing. And you need to NOT do that - because when you do that, your credibility vanishes.

futuredust

Now I completely understand how one can be closing in on 40 and still living with their mother (who else would have you). On top of still living with her you selfishly put your life at risk so she can watch you kill yourself. And you bring drugs into her home possibly getting her charged with drug possession.

How proud she must be!

pros and future dust NOT doctors, and just making insults

stick to the points. ur no doctor prosperina, having a hard time breathing is a vERY SERIOUS matter!
and futuredust, ur just making insults, u need reported
the point is , shoudl people on drugs be afraid to call for help
when they need it for fear of prosecution?? and
the answer to that has to be NO!!
or we live in a terrible society.

justalayman

No but they need to understand if they smell like pot of the cops of medics think you have been smoking something that caused your problem, they are going to do whatever they can, legally, to figure out what it is. If it is illegal, expect to get charged for it.

It is your choice to do illegal drugs in momma's house. Do you think she wanted to go to jail for your illegal activities?

futuredust

stick to the points. ur no doctor prosperina, having a hard time breathing is a vERY SERIOUS matter!
and futuredust, ur just making insults, u need reported
when they need it for fear of prosecution?? and
the answer to that has to be NO!!
or we live in a terrible society.
I didn't "make insults". I stated my opinion, and in an incredibly reserved manner I might add.

The charges will stick, you can bet on it.

hey justalayman read the new global report

read the new GLobal report on the war on drugs that is buzzing around
the war on drugs has failed!
when will condescendign christians realzie punishment isnt the answer, only helping those that are sick will help, not wharehousing them in jails.
anyways, the search is illegal and a house has many occupants to pin it on me . the cops shouldve been there to help, it was a SICK CALL, A CALL FOR HELP!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">