• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspect drug activity, what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stellar0412

I own a home in another state that a relative of mine is currently occupying. I have not lived there in many years and left a car in my name on the property for the use of this individual. A close friend recently phoned saying that they believe drugs may be being produced in the home, and sold from the vehicle. I have no idea how to proceed and am wondering if I can be held criminally liable for activities occurring in a property that I technically own (it is now in foreclosure as the person has not made payments in many months.) I have no proof that this activity is occuring and want to call the police to investigate, but once I do this, if anything is found in the home can I be held liable even though I had no knowledge and have not been near the property in several years? :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">