• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Upgraded car warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

landoval

California
I just purchased a used vehicle from a dealership with an optional alarm system and 2 year replacement warranty. The financing manager told me specifically, that if I purchased the alarm system the financing rate would be cheaper because the bank would see that the investment was being protected. I went ahead and signed the contract with those terms in mind. I later read through the contract more thoroughly and found out that it stated the financing rate of the vehicle would not be affected if I did not purchase the additions. I went in to try and cancel the system but was told it was uncancelled. Is the contract void since the finance manager told me otherwise?

justalayman

can you prove he told you that, especially since the contract you signed (and are presumed to have read) specifically states the opposite?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm willing to bet that the dealer suggested that your INSURANCE may be cheaper due to the alarm. The BANK doesn't care because the insurance (which you are required to carry) will protect their interests.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
he said both actually.
Well, now you're back to the whole "written contract" thing. And, I'll ALSO bet that the contract states that it represents the ENTIRE agreement between the parties, regardless of any verbal representations that may have been made.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">