• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Druggie Roomate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rockettothemoon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Los Angeles, California

My boyfriend was letting his friend stay with him in his condo having fallen on hard times.

What started with pot has escalated into all sorts of drugs and parties and an additional 2 drug addicts squatting on the couch.

He has made it clear that they are not welcome and need to leave. He kicked them all out a few times before but they have come back.

My boyfriend desperately wants them out but feels like he can't involve the police because he is afraid of being arrested for his roommate's drugs...

Someone called my boyfriend telling him that one of the sofa guests' brother might try to rob him, and that he has been in jail before for home invasion.

Also, he is afraid of the condo association kicking him out for needing the police out there in the first place. With all the parties, they aren't going to be doing him any favors.

HELP!!!

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

CdwJava

It sounds like he has a couple of choices: Get the police involved to help kick the couch surfers out, or, run the risk of getting booted by the homeowner's association because of the parties (not just due to the police being called).

He has some tough choices to make, but they are his to make. He can continue to muddle through hoping for the best, or, he can get tough.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">