• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Decrptive billing practices

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MTS59

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ, however the billing originates from MO

My life insurance company has been billing me for semi-annual payments of various amounts.
I have discovered that when they billed me $73.50 for four semi-annual payments, they credited
the payments as five month payments. When they billed $80.10 for a semi-annual payment, they
credited it as five monthly payments plus a $6.60 credit. Both methods result in $14.70 a month
payments which completely negates the advantage of a semi-annual payment. That amount is what
they bill as a regular monthly payment

What is the law on deceptive billing practices? The company offices are located in Plano, TX, but
the payments go to St. Louis, MO. The company is a subsidiary of AEGON.

Thank you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I guess I'm misunderstanding...

You need to pay a total of XXX per year. You pay a total of XXX per year. What is the concern?

swalsh411

It is sometimes the case that paying for more months at a time will save you money but that is certainly not always the case. What is the basis of your belief that you will be billed less for paying for a longer period at a time?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">