• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on Moral Application

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vicky123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Moral Application ask for the following:

"Have you or a company of which you were the officer, director, or majority shareholder ever been a party to or are you presently a party to any civil action or administrative proceeding? This includes divorce, dissolution, small claims, worker's compensation, restraining order, etc."

What does "administrative proceeding" mean? Does this mean contesting parking tickets or contesting the value of your home. There is no way for me to obtain all information regarding ticket contest in which I may have prevailed.

I'd include everything including parking tickets. It's not likely contesting parking tickets and the assessor's evaluation will be held against you.

Vicky123

I just called an analyst from the moral character department. They said they are only concerned with mainly actual litigation and court cases where there is a defendant and/or plaintiff. Therefore, I am just going to rely on that statement when completing the application.

Anyhow, if it comes up I will be truthful and let them know that I was told that the question is mainly concerned with actual litigation. The question to too vague to guess what this means. Vague questions does not call forth complete disclosure. But thanks for your answer.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">