• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question On Forming LLC before seeing Lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BozWalker

I live in New York

Im trying to get some info and idea's on this specific formation of a LLC. Im looking into Forming a LLC for a internet Radio Show that will tie in a website and trademark it as well and dont know where to go.

I was told I can form a LLC someplace cheap and still have physical address in NY (no idea where is cheap or what it means)

Basically I would be forming a Business that will start out Not making any profits (i might sell tshirts) and buy some new computer equipment it but wont have any employees or healthcare...advice?

LdiJ

I live in New York

Im trying to get some info and idea's on this specific formation of a LLC. Im looking into Forming a LLC for a internet Radio Show that will tie in a website and trademark it as well and dont know where to go.

I was told I can form a LLC someplace cheap and still have physical address in NY (no idea where is cheap or what it means)

Basically I would be forming a Business that will start out Not making any profits (i might sell tshirts) and buy some new computer equipment it but wont have any employees or healthcare...advice?
What do you mean by "some place cheap"? If you have a physical location in NY you are going to be paying NY taxes no matter what.

LLCs are usually pretty easy to form. In my state it can be done online.

BozWalker

thanx more info needed tho

Hi and thanx for the reply, as for someplace cheap i was told nevada had the cheapest incorporation fee around and i could still have a physical address in NY and do business in NY.

But the big thing is, other than maybe making a total of $100 for the year if I manage to sell any tshirts Im not looking at making any type of profits for the first 2 yrs... but would want the protection of the llc

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">