• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony Complaint?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dearluv9900

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

What exactly is a Felony Complaint? My brother in law was involved in a drug raid and was first told that he had made a sale of a controlled substance. He appeared in court yesterday and was told that it was a felony complaint. He was denied bail and his court date was adjourned to September. I want to understand what a felony complaint is and if there is a way for him to obtain a sooner court date than Septmeber??

Thank you in advance.

Janeen

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

What exactly is a Felony Complaint? My brother in law was involved in a drug raid and was first told that he had made a sale of a controlled substance. He appeared in court yesterday and was told that it was a felony complaint. He was denied bail and his court date was adjourned to September. I want to understand what a felony complaint is and if there is a way for him to obtain a sooner court date than Septmeber??

Thank you in advance.

Janeen
It means he is being charged with a felony.

ETA: As for the court date - that would be a question for his attorney.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Which court is it and what is the charge? If he was arraigned yesterday he should have been told.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">