• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marijuana charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

potato114

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Im 18, going to attend university, have a medical marijuana card, and this is my first offense.

I was stopped the other day for making an illegal turn on a red light. i was nervous so they pulled me out of the car and asked if i had anything in it i told them i had a medical card. they searched my car and found about 8 or 9 grams of weed a couple of scales and baggies. the thing is, is that 6.5 of the weed was the guy sitting next to me along with a scale or two and a couple jars/containers. i personally had less than an eighth and a couple of baggies but most had labels from the shop and had a scale. ive been charged with intent to sell and spent the night until i was bailed out 20000. they guy next to me presumably blamed everything on me and they let him walk away. i couldt provide the card because at that second my luck left me and somehow the card was lost. great. so anyway, what can i do?? i dont want to see any jail time as i'm terrifed of even being around gang members in the streets. i know i wont make it. what can i do to avoid it?? oh yeah i was scared ****less and admitted to selling since april. i said it to please them hoping it would lessen the blow but i know now it was a bad idea. really the only think that i found incriminating is the scale. but sometimes shops like to rip you off and give you a lesser amount so im hoping i can fight it.

Last edited:

cyjeff

You waited until the end to get to the good part.

Where you actually TOLD the cop you were dealing.

Let's review. They found you with a bunch of pot, baggies, scales, no card and you admitted to dealing.

Yeah... you need an attorney. A really good one.

You do realize that if this gets upgraded to a felony that you won't be able to get student loans, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">