• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pseudofed overpurchases

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
North Carolina General Statutes § 90-113.53 Pseudoephedrine transaction limits

Legal Research Home > North Carolina Lawyer

(a) No person shall deliver to any one person, attempt to deliver to any one person, purchase, or attempt to purchase at retail more than two packages containing a combined total of more than 3.6 grams of any pseudoephedrine products per calendar day. This limit does not apply if the product is dispensed under a valid prescription.

(b) No person shall purchase at retail more than three packages containing a combined total of more than 9 grams of pseudoephedrine products within any 30‑day period. This limit does not apply if the product is dispensed under a valid prescription.

(c) This section does not apply to any pseudoephedrine products that are in the form of liquids, liquid capsules, gel capsules, or pediatric products labeled pursuant to federal regulation primarily intended for administration to children under 12 years of age according to label instruction, except as to those specific products for which the Commission issues an order pursuant to G.S. 90‑113.58 subjecting the product to requirements under this Article. (2005‑434, s. 1; 2006‑186, s. 2.)
North Carolina General Statutes § 90-113.53 Pseudoephedrine transaction limits - North Carolina Attorney Resources - North Carolina Laws

I do tend to think pseudophed laws are overkill. For me the genuine thing is the only thing that gives adequate relief. Criminals will always find a way around the law while grandma has to give her life history for OTC sinus meds.

They should just change it's schedule and make it prescription only. It'd be trackable and easier to get for legit reasons.

Ok rant over.

Proserpina

I do tend to think pseudophed laws are overkill. For me the genuine thing is the only thing that gives adequate relief. Criminals will always find a way around the law while grandma has to give her life history for OTC sinus meds.

They should just change it's schedule and make it prescription only. It'd be trackable and easier to get for legit reasons.

Ok rant over.

..sigh.

None of this is even closely relevant.

..sigh.

None of this is even closely relevant.
LOL really? First off, I said it was a rant so it wasn't specific to the question. Second, there is no question! :rolleyes:

Why some senior members feel they can criticize others for the same behaviors they engage in is beyond me. Some threads have great legal debates and OP comes away with genuine knowledge while other threads devolve into off topic debates of personal opinion. It looks like this may turn into the latter. Although I don't get how anything is relevant on this question-less thread.

The topic is pseudophed overpurchases. I stated that what I said was a rant (personal opinion) and others have opinions but somehow those aren't followed by your snide comments. Is TheGeekness immune to your sighs already?

Perhaps OP wanted to know how to make overpurchases. Perhaps they already know it's illegal :) Truth is no one knows because it's an incomplete thread. Go sigh somewhere else.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">