• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with my drinking ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dereksteffens

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I received my ticket in Colorado, at the senior keg party after we all graduated. the party was up in the mountains at a campground (i know not the smartest idea but nothing i can do about that now) and the cops came. the first time they dumped out what they thought was all the rest of our alcohol and left, telling everyone to go to sleep. they dumped out a little more than one keg but we had one full shell hid in the woods. once they left we kept partying but by the time the cops came back everyone was asleep either in tents or their cars. the cops started shining their flashlights in the cars and banging on the windows telling everyone to get up, they said they promised no body was going to get in trouble, nobody was going to get a ticket they just needed to talk to us. once everyone was gathered around where the campfire was they said we are really sorry but everyone is getting a ticket. they pulled out breathalyzers and started giving everyone tickets. one of the breathalyzers broke about 4 people after i got my ticket and everyone after that blew .000 even though most of them were blackout drunk. Now i live in Maui Hawaii and i will not be back until the beginning of November. My court date is August 8th as of right now and i have called the courts office multiple times and they still don't have my case in yet. How do i go about getting my court date moved back until i get back to Colorado? they said that over the phone they can only move it back 2 weeks, what should i do to get this taken care of? my parents still live in Colorado and i am 17 if that changes anything. advise will be much appreciated as i really don't know what to do, this is my first ticket

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I received my ticket in Colorado, at the senior keg party after we all graduated. the party was up in the mountains at a campground (i know not the smartest idea but nothing i can do about that now) and the cops came. the first time they dumped out what they thought was all the rest of our alcohol and left, telling everyone to go to sleep. they dumped out a little more than one keg but we had one full shell hid in the woods. once they left we kept partying but by the time the cops came back everyone was asleep either in tents or their cars. the cops started shining their flashlights in the cars and banging on the windows telling everyone to get up, they said they promised no body was going to get in trouble, nobody was going to get a ticket they just needed to talk to us. once everyone was gathered around where the campfire was they said we are really sorry but everyone is getting a ticket. they pulled out breathalyzers and started giving everyone tickets. one of the breathalyzers broke about 4 people after i got my ticket and everyone after that blew .000 even though most of them were blackout drunk. Now i live in Maui Hawaii and i will not be back until the beginning of November. My court date is August 8th as of right now and i have called the courts office multiple times and they still don't have my case in yet. How do i go about getting my court date moved back until i get back to Colorado? they said that over the phone they can only move it back 2 weeks, what should i do to get this taken care of? my parents still live in Colorado and i am 17 if that changes anything. advise will be much appreciated as i really don't know what to do, this is my first ticket
A court date for August is not a suggestion. IT IS AN ORDER. Real simple -- be there or have a warrant issued for your arrest.

dereksteffens

i was hoping to get an answer that actually helped me in some way, instead of something i could have told you after i finished elementary school

tammy8

What did your parents say when you told them about the ticket? They should pay for your flight back and your court fees. You are a minor, you know:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">