• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I protect myself from lawsuits in the state of Florida?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SergeC

Florida.

Hello,

I was wondering if there are any steps I could take (such as forming an LLC) to protect myself against lawsuits? If so, then what is the approach I should take? Is it worth it for someone like me?

About me:

• 24 years old
  • undergraduate university student
  • don't own real estate
  • $50,000 in saving's account
  • small investments in stocks and commodities
  • lease a vehicle
  • have both health and car insurance

I'd really appreciate any feedback on my question.

Thanks!

Serge.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

Florida.

Hello,

I was wondering if there are any steps I could take (such as forming an LLC) to protect myself against lawsuits? If so, then what is the approach I should take? Is it worth it for someone like me?

About me:

• 24 years old
  • undergraduate university student
  • don't own real estate
  • $50,000 in saving's account
  • small investments in stocks and commodities
  • lease a vehicle
  • have both health and car insurance

I'd really appreciate any feedback on my question.

Thanks!

Serge.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
In what context? I assume you are starting a business but liability insurance generally is sufficient protection.

cyjeff

If you want to protect your assets from liability, there is already a mechanism in place... insurance.

You may want to look into an "umbrella" policy that is designed to kick in whenever other insurance has been fully utilized.

Depending on a variety of factors, it is usually quite inexpensive (I pay around $20 a month for a million in coverage).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">