• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Finance Charges on Services

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bcrcpa

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Is there a maximum annual finance charge (in Georgia) that can be applied to overdue accounts for services that have been provided to clients?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

bcrcpa

One of my clients provided services ($10,000 worth of drafting services) to his client about a year ago and the services have not been paid for. My client was recently told that the max % he could charge was 16% in Georgia for overdue accounts but the only thing I can find in reference to a 16% max is on consumer loans of $3000 or less.

One of my clients provided services ($10,000 worth of drafting services) to his client about a year ago and the services have not been paid for. My client was recently told that the max % he could charge was 16% in Georgia for overdue accounts but the only thing I can find in reference to a 16% max is on consumer loans of $3000 or less.
Correct, that's GA's usury law for small loans. Did the client sign a contract? If so, what rate, if any, was listed in the contract?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">