• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refund from nursing home upon death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

valerie adler

i live in torrance, california. my father died on april 15, 2001 while living in a board and care home here. his monthly charge was $2420.00, payable on the 1st. i am trying to determine if his estate is entitled to a refund for the part of april during which he was not a resident. the admission agreement is vague. it says, "the agreement shall be automatically terminated by the death of the resident." i think this is unclear. what is the usual procedure in this type of situation?

JETX

What did the 'board and care home' say when you sent them a certified letter (RRR) asking for a refund of the unused portion of the April payment???

You did request it, didn't you???? If not, send the letter now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">