• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer stealing med-pay, not on lien...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drrhinodc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I am a Chiropractor who is treating a PI patient on a med-pay basis. We are NOT on a lien with anyone. We verified and confirmed the med pay and there is more than enough to cover the patients bill. $3100.00 ... She retained a lawyer for her case but we are not working with them and do not have a lien or any other agreement with the law office. We just founf out that the lawyer contacted the insurance company and redirected the med-pay to the lawyer's office.

So that leaves me with a few questions. Do I need to go after the patient or the lawyer for the bill? What can I do against the lawyer? File with BAR? Police and file theft? ETC??? Usually work with ethical people but unfortunately these guys pop up every once in a while.

Any advice would be great....The patient is coming in tomorrow for her final evaluation and would like to know if I should mention to her about the bill balance or just deal with the atty???

Thank you, Dr. H :)

justalayman

We just founf out that the lawyer contacted the insurance company and redirected the med-pay to the lawyer's office.
was this the patients insurance company or the liable party's insurance company?

drrhinodc

Thank you.... Have a wonderful holiday....Looks like I'm gona have a talk with the patient today and let her go bitch to her atty.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">