• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dissolving a Business Partnership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TreyB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
TX

I started a small business with a friend of mine last year. We had a general partnership with no written agreements about how to distribute funds. Our business was roofing and reconstruction. I learned the hard way about mixing friends with business and have gotten relatively screwed over in the process. He has taken the check from the last house we did and has most of our assets (roofing equipment, etc.). In a general partnership, everything has to be accounted for and split evenly right? Can I sue for half of all assets, earnings, etc.? I haven't dissolved the business yet, and he is still operating under OUR company. Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">