• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

robbed and beaten for my money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rebrecad09

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

I was recently robbed and beaten (tied up and attacked by 3 guys- 2 of which wore masks) for my money. I am a drug addict and sold oxycodones to support my drug habit. These guys- who I sold to, set me up and jumped me, then proceeded to tie me up and beat me with clubs. They broke my nose and hand and bruised me from head to toe. I called the cops and reported it. I told them I had sold a couple pills to one of the kids, we then hung out for a while til the other two showed up wearing masks and attacked me. They trashed my room and stole all of my money (i just moved out of my house and had $20K). I was not charged with anything even though I did and sold drugs to support my habit and that some of that $20K was my life savings and from the drugs. The cops caught the 3 guys and recovered my money. Do I get that back?

Antigone*

I was recently robbed and beaten (tied up and attacked by 3 guys- 2 of which wore masks) for my money. I am a drug addict and sold oxycodones to support my drug habit. These guys- who I sold to, set me up and jumped me, then proceeded to tie me up and beat me with clubs. They broke my nose and hand and bruised me from head to toe. I called the cops and reported it. I told them I had sold a couple pills to one of the kids, we then hung out for a while til the other two showed up wearing masks and attacked me. They trashed my room and stole all of my money (i just moved out of my house and had $20K). I was not charged with anything even though I did and sold drugs to support my habit and that some of that $20K was my life savings and from the drugs. The cops caught the 3 guys and recovered my money. Do I get that back?
he he he... don't count on it. See what happens when you ask.

Banned_Princess

you might be able to someday get back any money you can prove did not come from drug sales.

You told someone you had that 20k or else this wouldn't have happened to you. AND if you had 20k, then why would you have had to sell for your habit? you wouldn't, you'd be living up the money.

so no, i don't believe any of your story.

rebrecad09

Should have mentioned I sold my truck and was moving to California 2 days after the attack happened. I have a full time job as well.

Banned_Princess

Dont count on getting anything back soon.

lots of paperwork.

What kind of moron steals 20k and keeps it around to get caught with. this story is just full of idiots.

CdwJava

If you admitted to the police that you were selling prescription medication, you may also find yourself prosecuted if that statement can be affirmed by other statements or evidence.

It might also compel the state to move to seize what they might claim are the proceeds of illegal activity.

You can always ask them when you can get the money back and see what they have to say. If they want to talk to you about the money and the sources of the funds, then you might want to consult an attorney.

AttyHelinski

You very well may be able to, but it will be a fight, especially if you are charged. Have you been contacted to be a witness or received a Grand Jury summons? if you are a victim, one aspect of resolution by the 3 may be restitution. While the 30K is likely to be used as evidence in the primary case, you may be able to work something out with the DA's office on a forfeiture motion. What county?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">