• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

coffee shop location question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

javajoe7

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I just have a question about starting my own business.
My sister and her husband are buying a bigger building for their doctor office
and she wants to help me start a business, as she knows ill need my own business, and said shed be willing to let me use the other side of the building and i was thinking maybe a coffee shop would be a good idea and i was just wondering if anyone here thinks that might be a good idea, as people might buy a cup while waiting for the doc or waiting for their spouse. i researched and see there isnt a starbucks close by so i wouldnt have to compete with them at least. this is a semi rural area, not really rural , its in export/delmont pa where they are expanding their doctors office. any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

xylene

Have you run or managed a coffee shop before?

Have you run or managed any business?

You really need to do some 'non-charitable' thinking about the volume of business. How many patients come and go?

How much would you estimate average revenue per customer to be?

How much would you need it to be and how many customers would you need per day to make money?

FlyingRon

Is the coffee shop a conforming use for the zoning?
What modifications do you need to make to the space to make it a legal food service establishment?
Does the jurisdiction require a business permit?
Do you meet the requirements to get the health permit?
Where are you going to get your supplies?
Are you going to hire employees?

Many of the counties have small business assistance that can help you. Also some public libraries have material to help as well.

Here's some info on from the city of Reading PA that might get you started:
http://www.readingpa.gov/documents/counter_pamphlet_rest_groc.pdf

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">