• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-husband smoking opium with daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allentown

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I just found out that my ex-husband has smoked opium with my 18-year-old daughter. They have smoked marijuana together in the past, and my daughter begged me not to do anything to get her dad in trouble. Like an idiot, I acquiesced and didn't pursue the matter (she was 17 at the time). Now that I've found out their drug use has progressed to opium, I am absolutely livid. He has struggled with drug addiction his entire adult life (he is 59), and I can't believe he is sharing his addiction with his own daughter...this is beyond sick to me. Do I have any legal recourse considering she's no longer a minor? We live in different cities and counties within PA - I'm in Lehigh County and he's in Philadelphia County. If anyone has any legal advice, I would truly appreciate it.

LillianX

You can call the police and report the drug use. This will mean also reporting your daughter. That's about it.

OHRoadwarrior

Soooo, you blame him for your daughters poor choices, correct? Is this a deflection of your self recrimination for raising a daughter that engages in drug use?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">