• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quiet Claim Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bhood

Quiet Deed

Four years ago I purchased a business property in Indiana. In front of the property is the main highway through town. Lots of ground were purchased for the highway to go through. A small triangle was left that sits in one of the openings to my business. My predecesors alphalted and always maintained this tiny triangle. Now my neighbor says that he purchased it from the past heirs. There were three and two wanted nothing to do with him. They say that they have no right to it anymore because they abandoned it when the highway went through. He supposedly purchase it from their brother. Can I file a quiet deed to the property and if so who do I sue for ownership. I think the heir sold it illegally because they did not show ownership for over the past 20 years nor did he maintain it or pay taxes on it. I did not even know it existed and always though it was part of the business property. It exists within the main right of way into my business. This neighbor is just trying to ruin my business. Also if I sue what kind of proof do I need to show ownership?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">