• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car title forged

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

revolva

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arizona

cartitle stolen and forged stolen stamp used on notary photocopied title AND i replaced the title so title was void,...... why would \n't they give my truck back to me? what grounds? please helpWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

revolva

re: file report

yes, and included was inormation about the mvd telling me i had the only valid title when i got the replacement or duplicate 7 weeks before they recovered the truck. heres the book story:

in august my family and i moved into my girlfriends moms house on a temporary emergency basis. i had just lost my house to forecolsure while waiting for a loan modification. (c mom) allowed us to stay with her on a month to month basis until we could regroup and plan other wise. p we had the verbal agreement of paying 400/ month rent and all the groceries for the two rooms which were rented, and use of the garage to store my boat. Unfortunately, at the beginning of october i was asked to leave her residence. the girls were allowed to stay but i had to move again on an emergency basis. i was allowed to stay at my boss' house in gilbert az. while visiting me at that address over the holloween weekend, my utility trailer which was kept at her moms on the east side of the house, was stolen. gf had called me after returning that following tuesday to break the news. i was mad on a couple accounts. my toyota was supposed to be parked directly in front of the trailer, making it impossible to extract without moving the toyota. the second is learning that her younger brother who lives at the house, had been driving my pick up without a license, Once i learned of that i retreived the key. about 2-3 weeks later, she was asked to leave the house. when i arrived our belongings were strewn out on the front lawn. her uncle was there to mediate. the minivan was loaded, the tahoe crammed full, our friends honda accord stuffed and there was still another load or two which we had to leave. brother was witness to her offer to keep the rest of our things safe behind the locked door of our former bedroom of which she had the only key. things that were left behind were bed, dresser, bigscreen tv, my audio euipment, the file cabinet, the boat, several boxes, and a computer type desk. the toyota was limped around down the block west of the property and parked at the bally's gym.

pretty soon days had passed without any luck coordinating all the requirements her mom had for us to retreive the rest of our stuff. then our friends had informed us of recent talks they had been having about their intentions of putting leins on my boat and trailer. this went on for about a week, friends broke the news that they had sold my tv. a night or two later i noticed emails confirming changes to wells fargo not authorized. my password, address, phone number, and email had changed. he'd even signed up for a credit card. I learned this the night of the 6th december. that next morning i headed to the mvd to get replacement titles an all my stuff. None of my vehicles had any activity concerning my titles. i then went 2 her moms to press the issue to get what was left of our stuff back. loaded the rest of our stuff in the two vehicles and up in the boat. after a few hours while i waited at bashas grocery for the officers to come get my reports, we looked through the file cabinet and were stunned to be lacking 50% of the files, or more. none of my titles were there, no ss cards or birth certificates, no child support files, no old checking accounts, credit cards, nothing of value

the police showed up and really didn't seem prepared to take any report. neither of the two had pens, both wore dark sunglasses and really seemed more interested in an interrogation type interview. although i admit i was furious by this time, i tried to calmly explain the events of the past few days and weeks. they really seemed reluctant to make any report, saying "none of what you're telling me is criminal" or (in referrance to the tv being sold and the microphone gone) "thats just a civil matter, you'll have to take them to civil court and sue for that". I couldn't believe that a person could just get away with selling my things with no consequences. They barely made the effort to include the "a" at the end of the report to document the identity theft. So discouraged but having at least been able to report the stolen trailer, i went home. from 32nd and shea all the way to san tan and valvista, a nearly fifty mile trek. shortly after i ran it over and over in my head, it just didn't seem right to me that they could just take my tv and mic and sell em'. so i called from gilbert the police again, and the officer that i spoke with told with me that it was indeed reportable, and that there was in fact an entire title of legislature supporting the fact called the land lord tennant act so i made the report with him over the phone. which phoenix pd just flat out wont do. they 'll tell you "you need to be in phoenix" before they can take any report.

by this time the living situation where i was had gone downhill. keep in mind im living at my boss' house, who owns the business. needless to say due to the emergency rescue of the family and having nowhere to go i really kind of imposed them on him and his house. so he obviously had reason to get stressed, but the icing on the cake is his medical condition. He is Bi-polar, and not just your everyday average bi-polar, we're talkin lithium and wellbutrin 3 times daily to a forgetful fella. so it was all he and i could do to keep from killing eachother. in fact it was so volatile , that he cot pretty vocal a couple times to the point that i felt the need to get an order of protection at the last. I didn't end up actually having to serve it, but i did stand in front of a gilbert judge just before x-mas and gave him a tall order to fill which he reluctantly did. almost disgustedly so. and understandable. however i didn't end up needing to serve it, found an apt on the fly, and used the last of our money to move in. dec 15 2010. just afew days later i heard from one of the friends that had been kind enough to keep tabs on things at the cactus address for us, who informed me that the toyota wasn't there. I couldn't report it for sure without seeing it for myself, plus it was in a public parking lot for close to a month now, maybe more. So when i did get up there to look at the vacant spot where the truck once was, my spirit sank. i called the tow place that had stickers on the light poles, and was informed that "i dont think we have it..... if you had a plate number i could say for sure, but..." i didnt have a plate number, that stuff was long gone out of my file cabinet, so i called phoenix pd again. they assured me it wasn't in impound. i called the mvd to see if i could get my plate# to have the tow company run that against their log, but they dont give that type of info over the phone. i called my insurance hoping that by chance they'd have it but no. since i had boxes still packed, one of which was my tax paperwork from when i bought the truck, i figured i'd just dig in to that to see if the plate was anywhere in there. by this time i was considering taking out a title loan on my tahoe. literally just to pay rent, when i remembered the notary stamp back at 2650. i wrestled with it for a whole day before i called the phoenix police to ask what i should do if uncertain of the theft or tow or general whereabouts of a vehicle that had gone missing. the lady asked the circumstances, and told me to report it. this was the 10th of jan. 2011. i met the officer at the am pm on 48th and baseline. he took the report transcribed a few things wrong but this statement should give a detailed play by play of how it really all happened, and in what order.

revolva

title was in my file cabinet

it was stolen from there, he then forged my signature as seller, notorized it with use of a stolen notary stamp he had somehow, and now it sits at a used car lot. the dealers story is he bought it from a "friend" (1500 bucks) of his upon it being towed to the lot. without a key, and no steering column/ignition housing. the report says a subject who was with that friend bought it from "a white male crackhead"(1450 bucks per the report) who had the title in his shirt pocket as it sat alongside the road with the hood up. then took a loss of 50 bucks ?? when sold to the dealer. now mind you, there is no bill of sale, and the dealer claims to have bought it before the last time i know i drove it last. the "friend" claims he bought it earlier than that. and the title wasn't transferred even when the dealer sold it. that buyer was told at the motor vehicle dept of the theft, when trying to register. they impounded the title (which was actually a photo copy, i guess) and called the police. the detective was given the original by the dealer. its been transferred because of superior court ordered it so. i stil have the replacement title i got 6 weeks before the recovery, took that to the hearing to show i'd taken reasonable care to procure my title, and was ignored in light of a good faith purchase! lol

revolva

yeah i've filed notice, but wouldlike to transfer jurisdiction back to superior to expedite it as quickly as i can. whats the process for that? i read alot but making sense of it all is dizzying.

can i file for injunctive relief? on account of fraud or mistake? or do i have to see the appeal through? is there any damages i can get? could the judge be found in the wrong and be penalized to my benefit? could i file suit against the dealer that practiced such bad faith ? is it wrecklace?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">