• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Product Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

martyca

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virgina

My partner and I are starting a business to provide a product that he has developed over the last 18 mos with another partner. There was no written or expressed agreement between the two throughout the 18 mos other than " you go sell the product and I'll give you 25% of the net profit from the sales". No employment agreement, no agreement to share ownership of the intellectual property of how to make the product, no trademark registration of the product, nothing. Things didn't work out between the two and now my partner and I are moving forward with the product. Do I need to be concerned about the ex-partner having any rights to the product once we get started?

Sincerely,

MC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">