• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Use in Jail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brenlou69

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Husband on work release and failed a drug test. What happens next?

Brenlou69

Divorce? Seems you may be better without a drug addict for a husband.
Already working on that one but he was due to be released (with good behavior) next Sunday. I am trying to ascertain if they will keep him and take away his good time; keep him for the full sentence (6-23 mos) or what so I can plan accordingly.

I need to know what the steps are in the system for this type of offense. Thanks.

asiny

Already working on that one but he was due to be released (with good behavior) next Sunday. I am trying to ascertain if they will keep him and take away his good time; keep him for the full sentence (6-23 mos) or what so I can plan accordingly.

I need to know what the steps are in the system for this type of offense. Thanks.
ERAUPIKE
It is likely that your husband will no longer be on work release.
Plus I doubt he will be released (with good behaviour) next Sunday. This may set him back a bit.

From a little searching I found this from a mother's perspective;
my son had work release while in Jail in PA. a few yrs back. he violated their rules by talking to a girl while he was walking from the jail to work. they were not allowed to talk to any one while walking back and forth. they simply pulled him off work release and he was not allowed out of the jail any more til he completed his original sentence of two yrs.
Either way - seeing as you are in the process of divorcing him - whether he goes back to prison or not... your plans don't change. Divorce him and find a man that deserves you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">