• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Same Business Name, Service, and State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HP Smith

Hello. I started my business in California over 6 years ago. I just found out about another business in the same state, just a couple of cities over that offers the same exact service. I searched the web and it looks like they have been around for 2 years. Not only did they set-up a business with the same service, they used pretty much the same name. I do not want to post actual names, so we will cal my business "Best Computer Games". They called their business "Best Computer Game". Now maybe I dropped the ball by not registering a trademark, but I am incorporated (S-corp). How can this be legal? I can understand if they were in another state, but we are pretty much neighbors and I feel like they just set-up their business down and dirty to piggy back off of mine. I own bestcomputers.com and they set-up bestcomputer.com. I know dealing with domains is probably a whole different story, but I would really love some advice because I have worked very hard at getting my business up and running and now these people just swoop in and I know customers must be getting confused. Thanks in advance.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">