• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug charges help/information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnathon james

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Orange county, California

A friend of mine was involved in an incident involving large amounts of Oxycondone. he and a friend decided to buy around 700 dollars worth of Oxycondone. my friend sent the money to a third party using western union and the other guy was to recieve the package. well upon recieving the package he (the one who did not pay the money) was arrested for recieving the package.
my friend on the other hand did not get arrested. he was wondering beyond phone contact and the western union transfer he has no connections to the third party or the guy in jail.
Is this enough for him to be worried as far as legal action is concerned? most of the evidence is circumstancial he believes. what should he do to protect himself? should he seek legal counsel for this issue?

any information and advice is greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Libertine

The Oxy Story... (just a question)

Interesting story about your buddy and the western union drug deal. Before I ask my question let me make sure I got the facts right:
You friend wires $700 via western union.
The receiver accepts the $700 with the intent to ship the Oxy.
-The receiver,however, isn't able to ship the contraband because he "got arrested"
-Your friend is now out the $700? right?

So here's my first question: HOW SURE ARE YOU THAT THAT THE OTHER GUY WAS IN FACT ARRESTED? I would look into that by verifying his story via legitimate sources (court records, police paperwork, etc).

If you are 100% sure the dude was arrested, then to address you initial concern: I don't think your buddy has anything to worry about (other than being out the $700). Law endorsement usually focus more on the "sellers" than the "buyers" which it sounds like they allegedly already have in custody. They wouldn't get much bang for their buck going after you friend, just tell him to make sure he knows who he's sending his money to (unless he's rich and doesn't care which in that case ask him to send me money)

Mass_Shyster

Tell your "friend" to go to youtube and find the video titled "Never Talk to the Cops", or something similar. It's a 48 minute video.

Your "friend" has a right to remain silent. I suggest your "friend" invoke that right. If your "friend" is smart enough to keep his mouth shut, there's really no reason to retain a lawyer until he is charged.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">