• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SMALL CLAIMS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kimlmndr

Ilive in pennsylvaniaa neighbor with whom we have hd other problems with accuse us of something falselywhile my husband & my 8 year old son were on my property. my husband was coaching my son on his bow & arrow tecniques. My son was using a child bow & arrow set.
the man accross the street starts screaming saying my son hit this trailler over 20 times with the arrow.
#1 the trailler was about 50 -75 feet in front of my son & in addition it was up on a hill about 20 feet above wher my son was.
he calls police the police say that the holes in trailler are not consistent with tat of an arrow but more like a bb gun pellets. also the trailler was on a 45 degree angle away from my son direction & the holes were straight on & direct. they could not be done from where the officer saw my son who was still practicing .he told the neighbor he can not site us because there were no witnesses, & nor did the neighbor see him do it nor does the neighbor even know when the holes were made.
as long as he was being supervied by my husband & was on their own property nothing could be done.
neighbor said he is still taking us to court for damages cause he assumes we were responsible regardless

my question is can he sue us based on assumtion, no witnesses & we feel because we are in the process of taking his wife to court for damages on an apt she rented from us he is making up stories.

[Edited by kimlmndr on 05-01-2001 at 12:21 PM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kimlmndr said:
I LIVE IN PENNSYLVANIA,A NEIGHBOR WHOM WE HAVE HAD OTHER PROBLEMS WITH.WHILE MY HUSBAND & 8 YEAR OLD CHILD WERE ON OUR PROPERTY, MY HUSBAND WAS COACHING MY SON ON HIS BOW & ARROW TECHNIQUES. MY SON WAS USING A CHILD BOW & ARROW SET, BUT WAS BEING SUPERVISED BY MY HUSBAND.
THE MAN ACROSS THE STREET STARTS SCREAMING THAT MY SON WAS SHOOTIING ARROWS AT HIS TRAVEL TRAILLER. MY SON WAS OVER 75 FEET AWAY FROM THE TRAVEL TRAILLER & DOWN ABOUT 20 FEET FROM THE THE MANS PROPERTY. MY SON SAID I NEVER SHOT ANY ARROWS AT YOUR TRAILER. MY HUSBAND SAID THE ARROWS NEVER MISSED HIS TARGET & & NEVER LEFT OUR PROPERTY.
NEIGHBOR CALLS POLICE , OFFICER COMES OUT & SAID THAT THE 20 HOLES IN THE TRAILLER WERE INCONSISTENT WITH WHAT AN ARROW COULD MAKE BUT LOOKED TO BE MORE LIKE B-B GUN PELLETS. OFFICER SAID HE CAN NOT STOP MY HUSBAND OR MY SON FROM TARGET PRACTICING CAUSE THEY WERE ON THEIR OWN PROPERTY & HE WAS BEING SUPERVISED. THE NEIGHBOR TOLD THE OFFICER HE DID NOT SEE MY SON HIT THE TRAILLER NOR DOES HE KNWO WHEN THE DAMAGE WAS DONE & THAT THAT WAS THE 1ST OCCASION HE SAW MY SON WITH THE BOW & ARROW. THE NEIGHBOR SAID HE WAS TAKING US TO SMALL CLAIMS BECAUSE HE BELEIVES WE DID THE DAMAGE HAS NO WITNESSES . WE FEEL BEACUSE WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF FILING A SMALL CALIMS WITH THIS NEIGHBORS WIFE.. THAT HE IS MAKING FALSE ACCUSATIONS AGAINST US FOR $.. WITH OUT KNOWLEDGE OF WHEN THE DAMAGE WAS DONE WITH OUT SEEING MY SON DO ANYTHING & WITHOUT WITNESSES CAN HE SUE US BASED ON ASSUMPTION ONLY.

My response:

Please help us to help you. To help us, please take your Cap Lock off and re-type your post.

When you were writing your post, there were instructions in red letters asking writers not to use capital letters. You apparently didn't see those blazing red words, which said,

"To receive the most complete legal information to your question, you must include the State Name; Be Brief; To The Point; Type In Lower Case Letters. Please help us help you!"

On the Internet, writing in all capital letters equates to yelling or screaming at the reader. By rewriting your post, this will help to increase your chances for a response. Also, if you haven't already done so, please tell us your State name or the name of the State where your problem occurred.

We thank you for your kind cooperation.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">