• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incorporating with relative

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

celtics2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I am starting a small business up and my Father in Law wants me to attach to his Corporation. Should I have my own LLC ? My business prospects are looking very achievable.

Thanks.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I am starting a small business up and my Father in Law wants me to attach to his Corporation. Should I have my own LLC ? My business prospects are looking very achievable.

Thanks.
The answer would depend on what you are both looking for out of this union.

celtics2

The answer would depend on what you are both looking for out of this union.
I could imagine future family problems intertwining with a set up like this. Their lawyers would draw up a contract. If I were to hurt someone's feeling I'd rather do it early in the game. I don't personally see any advantages from this. I was always self employed sole proprietorship. Now that I'm going to double my size and worth I'm worried about getting caught up in a legal morass. I seek protection from a LLC.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">