• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

finding a business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ladydy365

in december, 2000 my vehicle was picked up by a towing service in the state of michigan. when i got my vehicle back, it was damaged. i filed an action in small claims court. my first appearance ended in a judgement for the defendant (the car dealership where my vehicle was dropped off made an error). i appealed the judgement and went with the corrected information from the dealership (notorozized letter from service department). however, the defendant did not show up and a judgement by default was entered against them. 21 days later, i have not received my money and the towing company does not return my calls. i attempted to get information on the company (owner name, address, bank used, etc.) but have been unable to even find them listed in any of michigan's clerk records. also, i just found out from daimlerchrysler that the spelling of the companies name is different from the spelling that is on the small claims notices to start proceedings? Does that matter?

how do i find out the information that i need in order to collect my money. because the vehicle is leased, i do not have the "time" to go through more court proceedings, i.e another court date.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">