• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grease Spray from Restaurant all over property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KUJAWA

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas

recently a restaurant next to my property released grease from their exhaust
Heath and enviromental was called and they verified they did not have a filter over their grill.
the mess is like a spray sticky and shiney . all over automobile, plants,big pecan trees, leaves , grass, roof, house , items in yard..like it was sprayed from an airplane. just walking from car to inside house its now on carpet and floors inside.

the health person told them to fix within 7 days and they should be neighborly and clean the damage done to neighbors.

should i pursue a lawsuit, or claim on my homeowners, or what? as the manager will not return my calls.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas... and what type of claim is this? how do i find an experienced attorney .

justalayman

what are your actual damages? The grease may be a nuisance but I cannot see it actually causing any real damage. So, find out how much it will cost to clean up whatever actually needs to be cleaned up and present the restaurant with a demand letter and see where it goes.

OHRoadwarrior

Tracking grease into the house, appears to have been negligent on your part. You may have problems collecting anything for that.

tranquility

While losses have to be mitigated, there are clearly damages here. Trespassing for sure, except you probably can't point to the release which caused the damage. Nuisance is the more likely cause of action. One does not have to change one's lifestyle to mitigate.

racer72

One possible point the OP can use against the restaurant is the environmental affects of the grease. Depending on the type of grease, it can kill plants. Also, if the grease begins to turn rancid, the smell can get pretty nasty. I would be buying lots of Dawn dishwashing soap and using that stuff everywhere.

xylene

You need to hire a lawyer.

You have been seriously damaged. Restaurants pay thousands for hood cleaning.

It is not enough that they were suggested to be neighborly.

KUJAWA

grease from restaurant --filter problem from epa

You need to hire a lawyer.

You have been seriously damaged. Restaurants pay thousands for hood cleaning.

It is not enough that they were suggested to be neighborly.

where do i find an experienced lawyer in this field?

please and thank you... i live in Houston Texas 77009

ecmst12

This site does not offer referrals. Click the "find a lawyer" buttons.

I would probably go to my homeowners insurance first and let THEM pursue the restaurant, if the restaurant was not being amenable when you contacted them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">