• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using Trademarked Items

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ms. Christina

I want to use trademarked logos/names, such as sporting teams, to create a product. Do I need permission to do this? Which avenues do I need to go down?

Thank you.

asiny

I want to use trademarked logos/names, such as sporting teams, to create a product. Do I need permission to do this? Which avenues do I need to go down?

Thank you.
Yes. You have to contact the licencing departments of those that hold the trademark and copyrights. If, by sporting teams, you are referring to the Miami Dolphins... it's going to cost you an exorbitant amount of money and backing to show you have the ability. You usually have to, not only pay for the licencing, but also have to guarantee that they will also earn a certain amount of money off the product sales too.
What is the product? And are you looking to use 'name' trademarked logos and names?

p.s. - If you don't know the avenues to go down - I hope you are not looking to bring this to the market within this calendar year (or possibly even next year), unless you have an unlimited supply of money and one incredible attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">