• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accidents in Company Vehicles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bonner

My question is:
Can my employer charge me for the entire repair bill on a vehicle if my fault or not?

The following conditions exist:
--the accident was my fault and occurred on company time.
--my pre-employment paperwork that I signed specifically says I am responsible for the deductible only.
--I have paid for and not yet received furniture that I ordered through the company via VISA credit card.
--company informed me that I was to pay for the repair bill in full and that my payment options were: 1) have my check garnished in two payments, or 2) divert the aforementioned VISA payment for the furniture for the cost of repairs. (at the time I opted for #2).
--I have not received nor been offered a receipt for payment of the repair bill in question.
--company says I still owe $1,000.00 for the balance of the furniture when the initial payment of $1464.06 paid the balance in full.
--the repair bill is reported to be +/- $1200.00

This is in the state of Texas.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">