• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

renkz

I lived i Alexandria VA my car towed by the security complex where i lived, when i called the apt. about my car i find out that it's because i don't have a sfaty sticker which i already have the emission sticker but failled the safety a couple days. do the apartment complex security have the right to towed my car away

JETX

Generally, if the safety sticker requirement is a public law, the law can't be enforced on private property. Was the car COMPLETLY on private property or parked on the street?

Further, most of these issues (safety, inspection, etc) require that the car be driven on public roads at the time of witnessing the violation. You might check to see if this also applies in your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">