• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

working and collecting workers comp.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

woolax

I live in MA, I am a nurse and suffered a back injury on the job. I am not incapacitated, but I can't do the job I had been doing at this time. I have spasms, and bouts of severe lower back pain. I am having a MRI to diagnose the extent of the injury. My question is this, can I work per diem when I feel alright? At a type of job that doesn't put any strain on my back? I did have another per-diem job, along with my hosp job. They continue to call me to do visits. I can't find anything about this in all the materials that were sent to me, but I don't want to break any laws. I anticipate being able to return to my hospital job, if my MRI shows that there is no disc involvment, asap. Thank you for your help.

B

buddy2bear

If you continue to work while collecting Workers' Compensation, then you are commiting fraud. I suggest you not do it as the insurance companies are "going after" people who do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">