• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What 4th, 5th, 14th ammendment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anneestrada69

Florida
My 16 yr old daughter stayed with my mother for 2 months and my 14 ys old son with my sister while I was out of work and trying to get on my feet. Aug 14th I told my daughter I had deposit for 3 bdrm, it would be available Sept 8th. My mother wanted me to let her stay for 6 months to make sure I could financialy handle it and asked me to sign legal gaurdianship so she could get money from the state. I told her that was ridiculous and kids would be coming home in 3 wks.
A few hours later I got message from mother to call her immediately, tomorrow would be too late. She said I needed to sign papers or I would be served for court, she called CPS. Asked for the womans name and said I would be there in morning to meet with her. No way on papers.
My mother wouldn't tell me who it was I needed to speak to. Next afternoon I got the name from my sister and called the woman to tell her family said I couldn't pick up my kids for the day as planned. She said it was new investigation from hotline call previous night and not not made that determination. Said I could pick them up.
1 hour later when I was on my way, my sister said the CPS worker was taking my kids into custody and I could not get them. The CPS worker had not called me to tell me that. She never told me what the allegation was. She didn't get shelter petition. Didnt know anything until 10 minutes before court. Said I abondoned and had not provided any support. I had proof to the contrary and the threat conversation from my mother on the phone that would have proved the entire false allegation.
The judge opened with the statement that she had reviewed the evidence and determined there WAS probable cause. I asked her how she did that because all she has is the false allegation from the prosecuting side. I am mother. It's not true, I have evidence. She said I could not be heard at that hearing and could speak at the review!! She also set supervised visits and phone so I can't talk about the case with my children! My mother is blocking communication and my kids want to come home!\
At the review I brought all evidence. Came 40 min early. Told the appointed attorney I needed to talk to her. She said "too bad" The judge said it was a shelter review which means we were only there to review if the kids were doing well in current placement! Would not let me provide any evidence! Spoke with my mother and sister only! Kept placement and did not modify the visits or phone.
The CPS worker is at my mothers house constantly. At court hearings they all sit with my family! The CPS worker still wont investigate on my side. Doesnt even want to see my evidence!
My children have been legally kidnapped by a false allegation with motives of recieving state funds! Placed children with the person that made the false allegation! I am the mother! Nobody asked me anything. Nobody will let me speak! How can thi happen in a free country!! My attorney wont even hear my case!! She told me before the first hearing that they had already made the determination!!! Nothing I can do. Now i read that I was supposed to be allowed to present evidence and now its too late because next hearing is permanency hearing and I still havent been spoken too by anyone!!
Cant get legal aide attornye because I am appointed one.
AM I IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE????
CaNT GET APPOINTMENT OR CALL IN WITH LAWYER UNTIL THE DAY after THE NEXT COURT DATEWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Okay, she's posted the question twice, admittedly. But both threads are marked as the duplicate. Please don't make her post it a third time to get answers.

tranquility

I see the other thread is posted duplicate too. Sorry.

But, this OP is not going to get relief from the Constitution.

I'm not sure a high flyin' lawyer would help either.

Mass_Shyster

Florida
My 16 yr old daughter stayed with my mother for 2 months and my 14 ys old son with my sister while I was out of work and trying to get on my feet. Aug 14th I told my daughter I had deposit for 3 bdrm, it would be available Sept 8th. My mother wanted me to let her stay for 6 months to make sure I could financialy handle it and asked me to sign legal gaurdianship so she could get money from the state. I told her that was ridiculous and kids would be coming home in 3 wks.
A few hours later I got message from mother to call her immediately, tomorrow would be too late. She said I needed to sign papers or I would be served for court, she called CPS. Asked for the womans name and said I would be there in morning to meet with her. No way on papers.
My mother wouldn't tell me who it was I needed to speak to. Next afternoon I got the name from my sister and called the woman to tell her family said I couldn't pick up my kids for the day as planned. She said it was new investigation from hotline call previous night and not not made that determination. Said I could pick them up.
1 hour later when I was on my way, my sister said the CPS worker was taking my kids into custody and I could not get them. The CPS worker had not called me to tell me that. She never told me what the allegation was. She didn't get shelter petition. Didnt know anything until 10 minutes before court. Said I abondoned and had not provided any support. I had proof to the contrary and the threat conversation from my mother on the phone that would have proved the entire false allegation.
The judge opened with the statement that she had reviewed the evidence and determined there WAS probable cause. I asked her how she did that because all she has is the false allegation from the prosecuting side. I am mother. It's not true, I have evidence. She said I could not be heard at that hearing and could speak at the review!! She also set supervised visits and phone so I can't talk about the case with my children! My mother is blocking communication and my kids want to come home!\
At the review I brought all evidence. Came 40 min early. Told the appointed attorney I needed to talk to her. She said "too bad" The judge said it was a shelter review which means we were only there to review if the kids were doing well in current placement! Would not let me provide any evidence! Spoke with my mother and sister only! Kept placement and did not modify the visits or phone.
The CPS worker is at my mothers house constantly. At court hearings they all sit with my family! The CPS worker still wont investigate on my side. Doesnt even want to see my evidence!
My children have been legally kidnapped by a false allegation with motives of recieving state funds! Placed children with the person that made the false allegation! I am the mother! Nobody asked me anything. Nobody will let me speak! How can thi happen in a free country!! My attorney wont even hear my case!! She told me before the first hearing that they had already made the determination!!! Nothing I can do. Now i read that I was supposed to be allowed to present evidence and now its too late because next hearing is permanency hearing and I still havent been spoken too by anyone!!
Cant get legal aide attornye because I am appointed one.
AM I IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE????
CaNT GET APPOINTMENT OR CALL IN WITH LAWYER UNTIL THE DAY after THE NEXT COURT DATEWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Your post is very difficult to read, mostly due to a lack of complete sentences.

You wrote "Asked for the womans name and said I would be there in morning to meet with her. No way on papers."

Who asked for the woman's name? You, your mother, someone at CPS? This is very unclear. What does "No way on papers" mean?

You wrote "Said I could pick them up. ". Who said this, your mother, your sister, the person from CPS?

Finally, you wrote "Cant get legal aide attornye because I am appointed one." and "CaNT GET APPOINTMENT OR CALL IN WITH LAWYER UNTIL THE DAY after THE NEXT COURT DATE".

I suggest you speak with legal aid and tell them your appointed counsel refuses to meet with you, and that you fear your children are being taken from you and that you have no recourse.

anneestrada69

Who asked for the woman's name?

I asked my mother for the name of the woman she spoke to that was going to contact me with a court date.

No way on papers."

I told my mother "No way was I signing gaurdianship papers"

"Said I could pick them up. "

I called the CPS worker and told her who I was and that my mother had made a report asking for gaurdianship. I told the CPS worker that I was supposed to pick up my children that day and they were waiting; I also told her I didn't really understand how she can control my right to see my children. The CPS worker said she had just gotten the hotline call the previous evening and was just opening the investigation so she had not made any restrictions against me seeing or picking up my children. She said I could go pick them up if I wanted.

I have now been to a shelter hearing and review. 2 court dates and I have never yet been able to speak on my own behalf or offer any of my evidence against the false claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">