• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Louisiana On the job injury not convered by workers comp?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CynthiaB67

My husband was hurt on the job 3 weeks ago. He just found out he needs surgery on his knee and will be out 6-9 mos. His supervisor says that the Sheriff's Office doesn't have W/C, therefore after 30 days he has to use his own sick time and vacation time. This sounds crazy to me since he was bitten by a Sheriff's Office dog while in uniform on duty. Cops don't need W/C? If he claims disability he can get 2/3 pay, which will hurt financially. Plus he has to eat through all of his personal time first. I think someone may be trying to get away without paying him what he's due.
I don't want to contact a local lawyer because this is a small town. I don't want the word to get around we're checking this out unless there is a possibility we can do something about it.

B

buddy2bear

Don't know much about governmental agencies but, by law, companies must provide workers' compensation coverage, either through an insurance company or a State Injured Workers Fund. Call your State's Workers' Compensation Commission and ask them what they would suggest or contact a workers' compensation attorney in the next town.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">