• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ownership problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chadkan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

An ex friend and I started a taxi business as a partnership and we financed a van in both of our names (not the business name). After about 3 months he signed off on the DBA because he could not pay his share of the bills. I have made every payment on this van and he refuses to sign off on the title even though he is not in the business. I have all the reciepts and proof that I made every payment. Can I do anything to get him off the title. Its stupid that someone thinks they have rights to something that they contributed nothing to. Thanks.

Chad.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

chadkan

I want him to just sign off to avoid court but he wont. I want to know if he has any chance of winning if I take him to court to get him off the title. Both of our names are on the title but he paid nothing and the van is used for the taxi business.

justalayman

I would think you have a great chance of winning...

barring a contract that would deal with this issue that you have not said anything about.

justalayman

we did not make anything in writting

there is such a thing as a verbal contract. It is as valid as a written contract in most situations. It is generally harder to enforce because there is no real proof of the contents of the contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">